Welcome to the relaunch of my blog! I thought a great way to debut it was with a Blog Hop! This month we are Celebrating Summer! We can interpret this however we want to and some of my favorite memories of summer were of the gorgeous sunsets my family and I saw on our vacations. I chose the Stampin’ UP! Friend Like You Bundle and some of our beautiful See a Silhouette DSP (Designer Series Paper) to make the cards featured below.
- On both cards I stamped the sentiments with Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The dragonflies and birds as well. (Birds from Stampin’ Up! Sailing Home Stamp Set)
- I used Basic Black card stock and die cut out both landscapes to layover the backgrounds.
- The Background is 3.75″x 5″ piece of See a Silhouette DSP! It looks like it took an artist hours sponging with inks but nope! All that pretty!! No inky fingers!!!
One last card before I send you off on your way to the next blog…
This one is my favorite because it was inspired by my honeymoon in St. Thomas. This was also the card that gave me my “A HA!” moment, (that little crafty lightbulb went off inside my head)
- Instead of cutting out landscape in Basic Black cardstock like I did
- with the two cards featured above, (and spent 30 minutes and a whole lot of cursing glueing down each and every palm frond!) I used the Stampin’ Up! Friendly Silhouettes Cutting dies to cut out the negative image on the background DSP and then layered it onto the black cardstock. (A HA!)
- The Sailboat was from the Stampin’ Up! Sailing Home Stamp Set. I stamped it in Memento Tuxedo black ink and then colored it in using a Basic Black Stampin’ Write marker to look like a silhouette in distance.
Thank you for joining us on our Inkin’ Krew blog hop. I hope you enjoyed my cards! Click the next button to see another Summer Celebration.