Just a quick post to today featuring a birthday card for my friends 30th birthday. Mandi is obsessed with mermaids so the Stampin’ Up! Magical Mermaid stamp set was absolutely perfect for her card.
I used the Stampin’ Up! Perennial Essence Designer Series Paper for the background. Lately when I am making a card and I don’t have the extra time to ink and sponge a background, I find what I am looking for with a piece of DSP. (Designer Series Paper) The paper is great to stamp on as well as strong for heat embossing and folding for 3D projects. The best part… No Inky Fingers!!!
- I cut a panel of Stampin’ Up! Perennial Essence DSP to 3.75″ x 5″ and stamped the coral and sea vegetation in Memento Tuxedo Black ink. The coral stamps used were from the Stampin’ Up! Sea of Textures stamp set.
- Using the Stamparatus stamping tool I lined up the mermaid and stamped her in the tuxedo black ink as well.
- I colored in the mermaid with a black Stampin’ Write marker, rubbed my embossing buddy over the panel to remove any oils placed the panel back into the Stamparatus then stamped on top of the colored in image with Versamark ink. I stamped the happy birthday sentiment as well.
- Using the Stampin’ Up! Shimmer White Embossing powder, I covered the inked images with the powder. After flicking the back of the paper to get rid of the excess powder, I used a small soft paintbrush to remove any leftover granules that were clinging to the paper but not part of the stamped image.
- Using the Stampin’ Up! Heat Tool I heated up the powder. Be careful! The paper gets hot really quick and it is very easy to overmelt the powder and also burn your fingers!
- One cooled I glued the panel onto a piece of Stampin’ Up! Noble Peacock Specialty DSP measuring 4″ x 5.25. (The foil on the Granny Apple Green DSP is perfect for this card.) Then glued both onto a Blueberry Bushel top folding card base measuring 4.25″ x 5.5.
- To finish the card, I added 3 Stampin’ Up! Gingham Gala adhesive backed Sequins for a final added pop.
Thanks for stopping by. I hope you liked my card. If you are interested in taking a closer look at any of the supplies used in my project click on the image below to head to my store for descriptions and purchasing info. Use the host code RZ4N2W4U. If you purchase over $50 you will get a special surprise from me. If your order is over $150 don’t use the code because you are eligible for your own Stampin Rewards as well as the special surprise from me.