Hello and welcome to the Inkin Krew blog hop. This months theme is Fall Frenzy. I am hoping that focusing on the cooler weather can cool me down during these hot summer days. Wishful thinking for a Floridian huh? But I spent the first half of my life up in New York so I have had plenty of experience with Autumn and it’s gorgeous color palette.
This card was inspired by a French Stampin’ Up! Demonstrator Marika Lemay. I used one of my all time favorite stamp sets Stampin’ Up! Winter Woods and some Autumn inspired colors to create this card.
It looks so complicated but it was in fact really easy to make. Here is how I did it.
- I cut a piece of Stampin Up! Shimmer White cardstock to 3.75″ x 5″.
- The trees, shadows and sentiment were all stamped in Stampin’ Up! Early Espresso ink. The sentiment is from Stampin’ Up! Woven Heirlooms Stamp Set.
- I tore a piece of scrap paper in half to get an uneven edge for my mask.
- I placed the mask over the top of my card stock making sure that I covered the sentiment and using a piece of a Stampin’ Up! Stampin Sponge, sponged on the first color. I went halfway down the card, stopping just above where the branches begin.
- I then turned the paper around and covered the bottom half of the page. Making sure the mask was below the trees shadows.
- I sponged with the second color ink, stopping just below where the branches start leaving a little bit white card stock peeking through.
- I color inks I choose to use for the sponging were Stampin’ Up! Crushed Curry and Cajun Craze ink both colors that instantly make me think of fall.
At this point looking at the paper while still really pretty and invoking feelings of fall, I realized that I just wasn’t happy with the lighter shade on the bottom so I did another panel. This time reversing the colors. I will of course keep my first picture (Because I throw nothing away!) and use it in a future project.
- After repeating the first few steps and sponging Crushed Curry on top and Cajun Craze on the bottom, I moved the mask down a tiny bit a sponged a little bit of Early Espresso on the bottom for a little depth.
- I next used Stampin’ Up! Shimmer Paint in Champagne Mist and a clean piece of sponge to lightly cover the image with shimmer. A little bit of this goes a long way!!!
- To finish the card I glued a piece of the gingham pattern Stampin’ Up! Regals Designer Series Paper in Cajun Craze cut down to 4″ x 5.25″ to a front folding card base in Perfect Peacock 4.25″ x 5.5″.
I hope you liked my Fall Frenzy card. Try out this masking technique for yourself with any of Stampin’ Up! Classic inks to create a beautiful backdrop perfect for any mood or season. Click on any of the products in the supply list (located in the bottom of the post) used in my project above to go to my store and get a better description of the items. If you make a purchase please use the host code RZ4N2W4U. if you purchase $50 or more you will get an extra surprise from me! Please click the “Next” link below to move on to the next blog in the Inkin’ Krew blog hop or the previous blog if you started with me and want to see the blog before mine. Bye for now!
- Jaimie Babarczy
- Terry Lynn Bright
- Mary Deatherage
- Akiko Sudano
- Shirley Gentry
- Karen Finkle
- Paula Vincent YOU ARE HERE!!!!
- Connie Troyer
- Karen Ksenzakovic
- Amy Koenders